Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

After seeing Slumdog Millionaire I can see how it won those 8 Academy Awards. I really enjoyed the movie. It is a movie that gives us all a taste of India and how it was or possibly still is at times in the slums. The first time I heard about this movie, I had wondered how they were going to make a movie that somewhat mimics Who Wants to be a Millionaire with a kid from India, who supposedly knew everything. Once I saw the movie, it was very touching and heartfelt throughout. Like I mentioned before, it was a great movie. The movie reminded me and possibly others how difficult life can really be and the saying is true that life is not always fair. Living a life like how the boys did in India was unbelieveable. I could not have gone through what they did. The movie really had a touching feeling that I had connected with right from the beginning, the good and the bad times. One thing that I really liked about the movie was that it went back and forth from the game and to his past. Everything that had happened he had remembered to answer his questions. That was quite amazing. The directors did a great job incorporating the game into the movie for Jamal to try and get back to Latika. Throughout the whole movie I had been thinking if it was a total love story, but it turned out to be a love story that was amazing and well done. The motion of the movie was upbeat and quick. It kept my attention through the whole thing; the quickness of the shots and all the action that took place. The music was also really good and caught my attention. So therefore the cinematography of the movie was excellent. I do not normally notice colors that much in movies, but I did pick up that Latika had yellow on quite a bit. It just seemed like it most of the time, like at the train stations for sure she had bright yellow on. I personally believe it was a sign of hope that went along with her character. It was a well-rounded movie and I enjoyed it a lot and so did everyone else that decided to come with me! It is one of my favorite movies that I have went to this year. I can certainly understand how it was nominated for all the awards and how it won those eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment