Saturday, January 10, 2009

Casablanca

The movie, Casablanca, we watched in class was a good movie. In the past, I have heard both good and bad about it. I personally thought it was a good, well rounded movie. I did not know what to think at first because it is in white and black. That was the hardest thing to get through my head was the color. The play Everybody Comes to Rick's would be really good to see just because it involves the same characters or at least they names. I would know who they would be talking about and what is happening or is going on. Casablanca had very good picture and the action was there also. The love story about the movie was probably the best. I really thought that Rick would have said something so Ilsa and he could have been together just like they were in Paris. Since the movie is in black and white, it seems like it is balanced with the different art meaning they all come together like emotional/intuitive and intellectual/analytical approaches. Like I had mentioned before, Casablanca was a hard movie to follow because it is an older movie and it's black and white. I just don't seem to get into the older movies, but it was after all a good movie, in my opinion. After watching the movie and then reading the articles I totally understand how it was nominated for eight Academy Awards and leading with three Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment